If you have ever experimented with dice setting you’ve probably discovered that many casinos frown on this procedure. In fact some resorts will prevent you from setting the dice, as they have regulations on actually how the dice should be tossed. The dealers must adhere to these “laws” so you should not blame them – they are just doing their jobs. However if you still want to set the dice there is a way to do so – even if they don’t let you do it!
Before you learn how, let’s look at seven regulations that many casinos have regarding the Crapshooter’s handing of the dice.
- You must handle the dice with one hand only.
- You must choose only two dice from the five offered.
- You can not toss them over your shoulder.
- You can not toss them higher than line of sight of the dealers.
- They must bounce, and then bounce off the opposing wall at the other end of the table.
- They must be tossed, not slid or dropped.
- The shooter must toss them so that he does not slow down or disrupt the game.
It is this last regulation that bothers dealers. Many people take their time and set the dice for the number they want to see rolled, and this does take some time. The dealers will then tell you, in no uncertain terms, “Come on shooter, toss the dice!”
If you persist in “holding up the game,” a dealer can legally take the dice away from you and pass them to the next shooter. This isn’t done too often, as it tends to make the other players mad, but it can happen. If a dealer on your table frowns on dice setting, there are …